How to Deactivate or Delete Instagram Account Permanently
People may choose to deactivate their Instagram account for various reasons, including:
- Regaining control of time: Instagram can be addictive, leading people to spend excessive time on the platform
- Improving mental health: Some individuals find that using Instagram negatively impacts their self-esteem and happiness, leading them to consider deactivating their accounts
- Privacy concerns: For those who value privacy or want to disconnect from virtual interactions, deactivating Instagram can be a way to address these concerns
- Increasing productivity: Social media, including Instagram, can be a significant time-waster, and deactivating the account can help individuals focus on more productive activities
- Real world connections: Deactivating Instagram can help individuals prioritize and nurture real-world relationships and experiences
Whatever your reasons are, this guide will give you the step-by-step process to temporarily deactivate or permanently delete your Instagram profile from public view. Whether you're taking a break from the platform or considering a fresh start, this guide will walk you through the necessary steps to do what you need to do.
FIRST, YOU NEED TO DECIDE WHETHER YOU WANT TO DO THIS PERMANENTLY OR JUST TEMPORARILY. The main difference between deactivating and deleting an Instagram account lies in their permanence and reversibility:
- Deactivating an Instagram account: This temporarily hides your profile from public view, making it invisible to followers and search results. Your account, photos, comments, and likes are still stored by Instagram, but they are not visible on the app or website Deactivation can be reversed by reactivating the account within a certain time frame
- Deleting an Instagram account: This permanently removes your profile from the app, and all your photos, comments, and likes are also deleted Deletion is irreversible, and you cannot recover your account or its content once it has been deleted
In summary, deactivating your Instagram account is a temporary solution for those who want to take a break from the platform without losing their content. On the other hand, deleting your account is a permanent solution for those who want to remove their profile and all associated data from Instagram. So, you will have to decide which between the two you want to do.
Once you have decided, you can move on to the next steps.
- Open the Instagram app and tap on your profile icon.
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top right of the app to open the menu, then select "Settings and Privacy."
- Tap on "Account Center" and then select "Personal details".
- Choose "Account ownership and control," and then select "Deactivation or deletion."
- Select your account, enter your password, choose a reason for deactivating or deleting, and confirm your decision by tapping "Deactivate account" or "Delete account".
These steps should allow you to deactivate or delete your Instagram account directly from your mobile device. Always ensure that you have the latest version of the app installed for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
HOPE THIS BLOG POST WAS HELPFUL!