How to Deactivate Facebook without Messenger
To change your name on Facebook, follow these easy steps below. The interface would be different if you're on your desktop/laptop versus if you're on the Facebook app on your mobile phone or tablet, but the instructions are basically the same.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on your small profile picture at the top right of your Facebook page to go to your "Account".
- In the dropdown that appears, click on "Settings and Privacy", then click on "Settings".
- Once you are on the "Settings" page, find the section that says Meta Account Center. Click "Personal Details".
- Under "Profiles", choose which account you would like to change name.
- Click on that profile and click "Name'.
- Proceed to write the revised name you would like to appear in your Facebook profile. See important note below.
- Once you are ready to proceed with the change, enter your new name in the "First" and "Last" name fields.
- If you have a middle name, you can add it in the "Middle Name" field.
- Enter your password and click "Review Change".
- Review your name change and click "Save Changes" to confirm.
IMPORTANT NOTE: There's a note that would say "Used for 2 profiles" if you have your Facebook account linked to your Instagram so any changes you make to your Facebook account will automatically do the same for your Instagram. If you don't like your Instagram account change, you will have to unlink both accounts.
Please note that Facebook has specific policies regarding name changes, so you may be required to provide additional information or documentation to verify your name change. Additionally, Facebook may not allow you to change your name too frequently, so be sure to consider your decision before making the change.
Is there maximum number of times you can change your name on Facebook?
Yes, there are limits to how often you can change your name on Facebook. According to Facebook's policy, you can only change your name every 60 days. This means that if you change your name today, you will have to wait 60 days before you can change it again.
If you need to change your Facebook name within the 60-day limit, check instructions here: How to Change
Additionally, Facebook may have other policies in place regarding name changes, such as requiring verification of your identity or disallowing certain types of names. So it's a good idea to review Facebook's policies on name changes before making any changes to your name on the platform.
What are the things to keep in mind when changing Facebook names?
- Your profile name should reflect the name that you are commonly known as by your friends in real life. It should also match the name on one of the forms of identification from Facebook's list of IDs.
- Nicknames can be used as part of your first or middle name, as long as they are a variation of your real name. For instance, JP instead of John Paul or Nonoy instead of Benedicto.
- You have the option to add an additional name to your account, such as your maiden name, nickname, or professional name.
- Profiles are intended for individual use only, while businesses, organizations, or ideas should be represented by Pages.
- Impersonating someone else is strictly prohibited.
HOPE THIS BLOG POST WAS HELPFUL!